RIP Grumpy Cat

When I first met Grumpy Cat through a meme on the internet all those many moons ago, I knew that she was everything that Americans would always strive to be. She was angry, and did not want to be bothered with anyone's crap. Exactly what Americans have been, and always will be. Cranky, and unapproachable. So when I heard that Grumpy Cat passed away today, I knew that despite what that moronic, Cheeto dust covered idiot, Donald Trump preaches, America could never be great again.

Through countless memes, and videos, and even a fantastically written, directed, and filmed movie, I grew to love Grumpy Cat as if she were one of my own children. Hell, I loved her more than my own son... but if you had met my son, you would surely understand what I'm saying here. She was a free spirit, even if she was a bit grumpy. But again, aren't we all a bit grumpy... in our hearts.

I watched you with pride in my heart, as you went from a relatively unknown grumpy cat, to the greatest grumpy cat that ever lived. We grew together, even if we were so far apart from me. But we were close... in my heart. I dreamed that I finally held you, and looked into your grumpy eyes with pride, and with love. Your grumpiness is all that I ever wanted to be. Your pissed off, angry demeanor spoke to the American psyche more than any other famous figure in our long, violent, hate-filled, religiously judgmental history.

So to Grumpy Cat, on behalf of the human race, rest in peace. And just like the horrible tragedy that befell the  United States many years ago, we will never forget. We will never forget your spirit, your love, your kindness, and your grumpy, dissatisfied face.

Godspeed, sweet Grumpy Cat. Until we meet again.

Comments